Monday, June 16, 2008

Fall, Summer, Spring Sketches

Here are the sketches I worked on to showcase my style. I am doing these as an exercise, and if I like the outcome I may use them as promotional pieces. The idea is to keep the main composition the same with the tree framing the piece and kids and animals as the visual focus.

I have been in a bit of a funk creatively lately and I may take a break from the children characters and animals. As I said on my previous post, I am in the midst of finding a style that is marketable and quick to do while being true to myself. I am not sure where I stand on the style or quickness of things and I think I need to step away for a little while to get some perspective.

spring

summer

fall



In the mean time, I'll probably work on a piece I've been wanting to paint. We'll see how the week progresses.

Your thoughts and feedback are really welcomed!

2 comments:

Eric Barclay said...

Really like where you're going with these sketches, and think they'll make beautiful cards.

Tom Barrett said...

These are great, Edrian! Looking forward to the "winter" one, and seeing them all in color. Should be a great addition to your portfolio.