Wednesday, December 3, 2008

IF:Balloon and award!



I almost didn't make this week's theme! I have been busy with the holidays, as everyone is, I guess... I  just thought I would not be able to finish this on time. I bought some pens and got to try them out for this illustration. It had been a while since I had done something in just ink. I had a good time. Now that I look at it, I think I may want to color it in Photoshop just for fun.

There's still plenty of time of you want to participate in the giveaway I'm having. Just make a comment on that post. 

I also wanted to mention that my dear friend Nicole awarded me the "Uber Amazing Blog", and I must say that I am so honored coming from her! She is so talented!!! Definitely check out her artwork if you get a chance. She also has some cool jewelry and art on ETSY worth a browse! 

Here are the rules:

*Put the logo on your blog or post.
* Nominate at least 5 blogs (can be more) that for you are Uber Amazing!
* Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
*" Share the love and link to this post and to the person you received your award from."
Here are my uber bloggers who I think might follow the rules- check 'em out:

20 comments:

theartofpuro said...

Love the drawing and I'll wait to see it coloured

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Thank you so much! :-) Hugs!

Valaine said...

I love all the lines, you've put a lot of great detail in this. I love the perspective too!

Gai said...

it is a busy time of the year, but so glad you made time to depict the theme. its a great image and I can imagine you wanting to colour too, although I love the black and white. look forward to seeing the other version. happy holidays.

Eric Barclay said...

Great line work!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Thanks so very much!!! I'm both honored and blessed. Thanks so much for this wonderful award. I should be giving you an award! Your work is always so wonderful and expressive. I think you are soooooo amazing. Illustration is your gift and call. It comes through every illustration you do. We are all trying to hone can tame this wonderful gift called illustration. It's my pleasure to get to watch you do your thing and it's a beautiful thing that you do! Thanks ever so much.

Kathleen Rietz said...

Aaaww, thanks! How sweet!

Love the illo. Sometimes it is nice to see things in B/W, although I bet this would be beautiful in color, too. I like the perspective.

Bella Sinclair said...

Congratulations on the uber-award!!! Very much deserved!

Oh, Edrian, I love this piece. So much fantastic detail and swoopy motion and drama.

Unknown said...

Hi Edrian...what a great piece for Balloon...the perspective is wonderful...and I can almost see it all in colour....

thanks for the award nomination...you are a wonderful friend....and I thank you for making my day even brighter...

Hugs
Diana

Alicia Padrón said...

Thank you sooo much Edrian!!! That is so nice of you to give me an award!

Great perspective on that illo! I really like the linework :o)

INDIGENE said...

I love the drawing the way it is! Great line work!

Candace Trew Camling said...

thank you for the award!! Very nice of you!!

Juan said...

Great stuff Edrian!
...and congratulations on the award!!

Forrest Illustrations said...

I like your pen work. Nice perspective you have going on in this image. I think this would be fun to paint. I need to get more pens too.

valerie walsh said...

This is so beautiful and I love the perspective very much!

Denise Gallagher said...

I love the perspective of this!
Wonderful piece!
I also loved reading about your trip to New York... I'm going there for the first time in February... and will be visiting the Society of Illustrators Museum. Thanks for the tips on other places that are must-sees!

Thanks also for your kind comment
and have a wonderful day!

Denise

Rosa Prat said...

Great work! I'd love to see it coloured! thanks for your nice comment on my blog :)

life without novacaine said...

This is really, really great! I can't wait to see it in color, although it stands by itself in black and white! Your illustration style is really pleasant to look at and I can't wait to see it in a children's book one day!

froggie is... said...

this will make a FANTASTIC piece, e! love the perspective, the motion...just a wonderful start! :)

life without novacaine said...

Thank you for the award! I'll be posting today. Have a great Christmas holiday!